Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Secret to Success

I forget the details of how I got the free subscriptions but somehow I received free subscriptions to Fortune and Forbes magazines. I preface what I'm going to share lest anyone think I would waste a penny on either of these rags.
So while skimming through Fortune I come across a one page gem, "My Best Advice for Growing Your Business" by Verne Harnish. Mr. Harnish is described as a consultant and creator of MIT's Birthing of Giants executive program. I know, I know do I even have to list the embarrassing, ridiculous advice that is going to come from someone who created a program called "Birthing of Giants"?
So what's the number one piece of advice the esteemed Mr. Harnish provides for those of you on the edge of your seat hoping to give birth to a giant...or is it be birthed by a giant, or is it to be birthed and become a giant...so many questions but I digress. Number one and I quote, "Get an Edge. Find an underlying advantage of 10 to 30 times over the competition to dominate your industry." No, I did not embellish this sage advice from the brilliant Mr. Harnish.
Now you know, simple as that, be at least 10 times better than your competition. This changes everything, I've got to go and start working on finding my underlying advantage that will make me at least 1000% better than my competition...what will I do with the rest of my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment